Photo Gallery
Whats New
Members Gardens
Publications
Membership
Events
FAQs
Links
To Register a new login account email a Username and Password to This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Find us on Facebook

ICS Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login   
What is leaf Curl (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: What is leaf Curl
Margot (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What is leaf Curl 14 Years, 5 Months ago  
One of my cordylines has a strange leaf
formation happening - someone told me it is leaf curl - what is leaf curl and what causes it - and how do you get rid of it

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jacob (Admin)
Mad about Cordylines...
Administrator
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female International Cordyline Society Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Birthdate: 1976-11-19
Re:What is leaf Curl 14 Years, 5 Months ago  
This problem is a condition called Accordion Pleating. Accordion Pleating can be caused by lack of humidity, lack of water or root problems. All of these stop enough water getting to and lubricating the emerging growing tip. Keep the soil moist and add one of the soil wetting products that's on the market, this will help with water penetration.

The shock of hot weather can also cause this problem, more tender plants are more often to be affected although this is not a common problem. If I find a plant like this, I try to unravel the leaf and leave it as twist free as possible, alternatively you can also cut the effected leaves off and wait for the new leaves to grow which should then grow problem free.

I have attached a photo for your reference.

Logged Logged  

Hi, I'm the editor of the Ti-Talk magazine for the International Cordyline Society. I'm married with 3 children and we all love spending time in the garden. I'm keen, eager and willing to learn and LOVE Cordylines!
Jacob (Admin)
Mad about Cordylines...
Administrator
graph
Gender: Female International Cordyline Society Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Birthdate: 1976-11-19
Here is the pic...

Logged Logged  

Hi, I'm the editor of the Ti-Talk magazine for the International Cordyline Society. I'm married with 3 children and we all love spending time in the garden. I'm keen, eager and willing to learn and LOVE Cordylines!
Margot (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Thanks Kirsty - thats is exactly what my plant - had......cqueen

Logged Logged  
Jacob (Admin)
Mad about Cordylines...
Administrator
graph
You're welcome!

Logged Logged  

Go to top

Latest News

© 2024 The International Cordyline Society (Best viewed at 1280x1024)