Photo Gallery
Whats New
Members Gardens
Publications
Membership
Events
FAQs
Links
To Register a new login account email a Username and Password to This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it  

Find us on Facebook

ICS Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login   
Help from ths uK (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Help from ths uK
Nigel M (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Help from ths uK 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi!!

Novice here but have about 5 different Cordy's in the front and back gardens.

The one that I need help on has been in a bed at the front of the house for about 6 years now. It has green leaves and is about 5 ft tall.

the worry I have is that it is overbalancing and has thrown out some new leaf growth from underneant the soil.

Q1 Will it correct itself and grow straight thereby anchoring itself or will it eventually topple over and damage my car?

Q2 What should i do about the new growth?

thanks

Nigel

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Margot (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Help from ths uK 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi Nigel,
I would wait until the new growth gets a bit bigger - then cut down the old plant and replant it - maybe back near where it came from if there is room -the you could plant it straight but - or in a completely different place.
Bye
Cqueen

Logged Logged  
Jacob (Admin)
Mad about Cordylines...
Administrator
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female International Cordyline Society Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Birthdate: 1976-11-19
Re:Help from ths uK 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi Nigel,

I will ask someone who knows more about Australis for you... It won't be till after Christmas I'll get a chance to do this.

I do know you can't cut the australis variety and replant it like fruticosa. Till then check out the FAQ's as there is a lot of auatralis advice in there.

Logged Logged  

Hi, I'm the editor of the Ti-Talk magazine for the International Cordyline Society. I'm married with 3 children and we all love spending time in the garden. I'm keen, eager and willing to learn and LOVE Cordylines!
Go to top

Latest News

© 2024 The International Cordyline Society (Best viewed at 1280x1024)